I’ve been standing looking at my wardrobe for a good hour now, at times I’ve also sat down. SP and I have been invited for a weekend in Devon with friends and I have that sicky icky feeling that I’m trying to quell, cause I don’t know what to pack. I mean, what do you pack for a weekend in the UK where you have no idea what the weather is going to do?
I want to make sure I’ve got all my bases covered and it would be dead easy to just pack for practicality (it’s bound to be cold and wet isn’t it?). But, I want to appear as if I’ve stepped out from one of those A5 catalogues that fall out of the Sunday supps. Yeah, I want to look like I’ve got some sense of style like these pics below that I scooped off Pinterest. A tall order. So I better get started.
Four days later and what looked like a promising weather forecast has turned out to be but a dream. It’s going to be grey sky all weekend.
Things can change though! So, with a colour theme finally decided, blue, (I’m rad, I know), I’m going to pack lots of layers, take a few light pieces, but make sure there is plenty in my weekend bag to keep me warm. Hence my bag will include:
- blue/white striped t.shirts
- cotton chambray long-sleeve shirts
- denim jeans – 1 boyfriend/1 skinny
- grey cotton harem pants (dead comfy)
- denim shorts (ever optimistic!)
- swimming costume (there is a heated outdoor pool – item most likely to stay in bag!)
- off the shoulder cotton day dress (in case the sun does show its face)
- two blue light-weight knits
- blue hoodie (part of the back-up plan)
- one floaty easy-to-wear dress (heading out for pub dinner Saturday night)
- low-heel embellished sandals to go with above
- Adidas Originals trainers to go with everything else
- large bright yellow tote to add a pop of colour
- cross-over tan bag
- fluffy socks….
Continuing on the blue theme, I did a little snooping on the net and found these lovely pieces that would have been great additions to my weekend wardrobe, had I had the spare cash. I am absolutely loving all the baby blue off the shoulder tops that I’ve seen around and you can pick up some great bargains in the sales right now – try Mango and Zara for cheap deals. I would also like a sweatshirt with a cheeky message, a long denim skirt, which would be a great addition to the wardrobe and would see me into Autumn as well, and some longer-length boyfriend cut-offs. Ah well, I can dream.
Hope you have great plans for the weekend. Enjoy!