The One Foundation I Keep Buying
I love trying new make-up, but this week I want to share with you a beauty product that I’ve just re-stocked. It’s a hard-working, effective foundation and I really love it.
Rimmel London’s Wake Me Up Anti-Fatigue Skin Brightening Foundation with Vitamin C and SPF 20 just ticks all the boxes for my tired skin and the price makes my purse happy too.
I don’t normally buy drug store foundations. Indeed, I love Estee Lauder, Chanel and Marks & Spencer’s Autograph foundations, but I work from home mostly, so wearing expensive make-up that only SP and the postman sees, feels like a waste of money (sorry babe).
I started to look around for something under a tenner. It had to have SPF cause those rays will catch you, even if you’re putting the washing out, and I wanted an element of glow added to my skin, some kind of illuminating power that could help me look alive.
Rimmel is a classic brand. If it’s a good enough for Kate, it’s good enough for me and when I caught sight of its anti-fatigue qualities, I was intrigued.
What the brand says (taken from Boots website):
* Rimmel Wake Me Up, a foundation that instantly reawakens skin with a healthy, radiant glow and minimizes premature skin ageing
* Formula has a smooth, light texture that effortlessly glides onto your skin, leaving you with a lightweight foundation that feels barely there, yet gives you 100% poreless coverage and a flawless natural finish
* Instantly eliminates signs of tiredness and lifts skin from fatigue, while the use of peptides means elasticity is increased, so your skin recovers and bounces back more quickly
* Luminizing foundation contains radiance pearls, which illuminate your skin for a healthy, radiant glow that’ll get rid of any greyness in no time
* Silky smooth, light formula to feel as if you’re wearing nothing at all
* Contains radiance pearls to illuminate the skin and give you a healthy glow
What I say:
* It really does what it says on the tin and leaves me with illuminated skin
* It has a soft, creamy texture that I really like, but I don’t feel like I’m wearing lots of make-up
* The pump dispenses just the right amount of product
* SPF, SPF, SPF (my last drug store foundation from Bourjois didn’t have it and I had to give it up)
* I use a foundation brush to apply and the coverage is evenly applied
* Did I mention, it’s only £8.99 for a 30ml bottle
What others say (my mate Louise who asked me for a recommendation):
* Love how it dispenses from the pump – hate it when there is no pump and you have to use finger/back of hand
* Blends evenly over face
* Great range of colours
* Skin feels soft. No caked/tight feeling that some foundation leaves you with
* Love that is has SPF
* Lasts all day and it is great value
Pretty good reviews eh! If you’re in need of a little freshen up on the foundation front you might get on with this one. Available in Boots, Super Drug and lots of other places for a under a tenner.
Have a great weekend.